About Me

My photo
Self employed with two daughters, one step daughter, one step son. Married to a wonderful man.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Crash, boom, bang!!!

When it rains around my house, it pours. Saturday afternoon we had the front and back doors open (we country folks so we can do that) and the wind caught the front door and blew it closed. When it did this, CRASH!!! The lead glass I had in my front door fell out on to the front porch. I had a huge 3 ft. by 5 ft. hole in my front door. Great!! What am I going to do now? My husband is not a construction type person my any means and doesn't do fix it things around the house. Well, off to Lowe's I go at 8 PM on a Saturday night knowing that replacing the door has to be done or I am sleeping with a big hole in my front door and the world can come in and kill me. (Well, I would think that any way!) Got the door and finally loaded in my HHR (my truck was at the office in Mesquite--of course). At 10 PM on Saturday, me and my hubby are trying to get this new door at least up so we have peace of mind that no one is coming to kill us Saturday night. Well, of course, we don't put it up right and the stupid thing won't lock. So, we go to bed hoping no one comes in but our kids have thought the new door is up, locked, and they are safe. If they only knew, we would have had to sleep with them Saturday night. Sunday afternoon my father in law comes over and spends 4 hours putting the door up right and replacing the trim, door knobs, etc. So we are finally safe and locked in. When is there not going to be anymore drama in my life? It is always something. I want a normal life where I can go to work, come home, spend time with family, go to bed, and start fresh again the next day.
Tune in tomorrow for "The Taylor Chronicles"

No comments: