About Me

My photo
Self employed with two daughters, one step daughter, one step son. Married to a wonderful man.

Monday, August 27, 2007

"I did not learn anything."

"I did not learn anything at school today" is the quote of the day from the girls. I asked them and they said nothing. I asked them why they are even going to school. Katie was upset because she thought she was going to get to go to the big playground at school since she is in 1st now but she had to go to the small playground. She was not happy!! Sara was excited because she will have homework every night except Wed. and Fri. She came home and got right on it before doing anything else. I was so proud of her!! Hopefully she will keep that kind of attitude and not whine about doing it.
All my girlfriends went to the coffee shop this morning to celebrate school starting. We were all full of smiles and joy because the kids were back in school. 6 of us went out to lunch together also and then it was work time. We had to get PTO packets ready for 550 students. FUN, FUN, FUN!!
Little David has now almost been in college for a whole week. He says that he has lots to do and already wants to drop a class. His dad is trying to tell him to hang on a little longer and see how things go. When he comes in each day he looks like he has been beat to death. He leaves around 7 AM Mon, Wed, and Fridays to commute over an hour for school and he is also going to work on Tues. and Thurs. w/ his dad. Some days he actually goes out and does pest control and some days he stays in the office and does school work depending on what work we have.
I like getting back into our routine. I have a construction worker coming tomorrow to see about adding a covered front porch on to the house and I am really excited about that. A friend had a simple looking house like ours on the front and she added a front porch and dormers to her house and it looks totally different. I am hoping it won't cost too much and we can do that too. I have always thought our house looks more like a city house than a country house and I think a front porch all the way across the front would make it look country. Well, I am worn out. Going to bed early because the girls were up half the night because they were soooo excited about school.
Back to normal,
Shawn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for an update. Glad to read they are enjoying it - hope that attitude sticks!